Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My refuge

The other day I was in the car and a song come on that instantly brought me to tears. This song always seems to be played on the radio or in church when I am at a low point in life. It almost seems as if God uses it to get my attention. "Shout to the Lord" is a very special song to me. When I was a Sophomore in high school I was blessed to go on a Chrysalis flight and that song become the theme song of the weekend.

'My Comfort, my shelter. Tower of refuge and strength.'
Those words bring tears to my eyes and open my heart. When I first heard this song almost 10 years ago I was going through a tough time. My parents were going through a divorce, I was battling self image issues, and struggling to control anything in my life. It was after hearing 'Tower of refuge' that truly began my relationship with Christ. It was then that I said 'I want Jesus to be my comfort, my tower of refuge. When I feel weak, I want to lean on Him as my strength'.

10 years later I still cry during that song and I still ask Jesus to be my 'Tower of refuge'. I'm not going to say that because of this song my life is now perfect and I no longer struggle. I struggle every day, but this song helps calm me and reminds me that God is in control and that I need to Shout to the Lord all my praise and worship!
My Jesus my Savior

Lord there is none like You

All of my days I want to praise

The wonders of Your mighty love

My comfort my shelter

Tower of refuge and strength

Let every breath all that I am

Never cease to worship You

Shout to the Lord

All the earth let us sing

Power and majesty praise to the King

Mountains bow down

And the seas will roar

At the sound of Your name

I sing for joy at the work of Your hands

Forever I'll love You forever I'll stand

Nothing compares to the promise

I have in You

No comments:

Post a Comment