Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Addisyn Clair...

I know this is a little late, but free time is not something I have a lot of right now.



Dear Addisyn,
Happy 1st Birthday Baby Girl! I cannot believe how fast this year has gone by. It seems like just yesterday we brought you home from the hospital. One year ago today you changed my life. I never knew I could love someone as much as I love you! My whole heart is swelling and over flowing with unconditional love. When I am away from you my heart aches and when I get to see you again at the end of the day I can hardly contain the joy in my soul. Addisyn, you will never fully know how you have completed my life and given me the best gift anyone could ask for. Thank you for letting me be your momma and letting me spend this past year with you.
As excited and happy as I am today, I am also sad. My baby isn't really a baby anymore. You are growing up so fast. I wish I could push a pause button right now and we could stay in this moment forever. You stay little and let me snuggle with you before bed, and I'll never have to think about you growing up and moving out, or worst yet, moving somewhere far away. In know one day instead of looking at me with those big blue eyes like I am the best person in the world, you will look at me....and roll those big blue eyes because you think I am the dumbest person in the world. So I say we push the pause button right now and never get to the eye rolling.
Even though you are growing up I will never forget what an amazing baby you are. You have the best personality I have ever known, and your laugh is so incredible that it brings joy to everyone who hears it. Your smile lights up your who face and is so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes. Everyone says babies smell sweet, but Addisyn, you smell like God dipped you in sugar. There are times when I smell your head or neck while you sleep in my arms and I thank God for making you so sweet.
Addisyn, I hope you know how much I love you and want the best for you. I know I'm not the perfect mother and I hope you can forgive me for that. Please know that I thank God for you everyday. I pray for your safety and that you will make good choices. That you will be healthy and happy. That you would be an example of Christ's love and love Jesus with your whole heart. I pray that one day you will find a spouse who will love you the way you deserve to be loved and that you would be blessed with an amazing sugar baby just like I was.
I look forward to another year together and to watching you grow into a little lady!

Forever and Always,
Momma xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment